SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
You will be a key member of the TX team and a main point of contact within the TX Suite.
Primary duties will include leading a team of TX controllers working a shift pattern 24/7, 365 days per year, working closely with the TX Engineering team and TX Manager to ensure an uninterrupted service is provided to the end user.
The role will require a hands-on approach as new technology evolves and new processes and workflows are implemented to compliment this exciting new OTT venture.
The day-to-day responsibilities will be:
- Providing seamless outgoing live broadcast streams to all end users and be responsible for the technical monitoring, resolution of issues affecting the channels and reporting
- Ensuring all bookings, media and schedules received from incoming sources are processed in a timely manner before TX events and any on-air irregularities are captured and reported accurately to management
- Communicating with company and third party sites in the UK and globally in a professional manner will be expected.
KEY DELIVERABLES (WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?) % of role:
- Lead a team of TX Controllers - 15%
- Ensuring all transmission bookings for each day are correct and confirmed - 15%
- Manage working practices within transmission - 5%
- Keep operational procedures updated - 5%
- Execute specific client on air emergency processes, complete on air discrepancy reporting and adhere to set escalation processes - 10%
- Liaise with the TX Engineering Team - 5%
- Help improve processes with management and engineering teams to guarantee the best solutions are implemented - 5%
- Lead the TX Controllers by demonstrating excellent communication skills with internal and external sites - 10%
- Identify any operational or technical issues that need to be addressed, resolved, or escalate as appropriate - 5%
- Help recruit new staff members, when required, in conjunction with the TX Manager - 5%
- Ability to talk to international production centres and MCRs - 10%
- Excellent communications. Proactively keep others informed, sharing timely information with the team, Manager and relevant people involved - 10%.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS (DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW?) Skill Level (out of 4):
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a busy, live, transmission environment preferably in live sports and with experience of leading a team - 4
- Seek the views of others where work activities have a direct impact on colleagues or staff in other areas - 4
- Knowledge of IP playout and distribution solutions, technology and protocols - 4.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS (DO YOU HAVE THESE DESIRABLES?):
- Knowledge of file based media preparation and delivery
- An Understanding of broadcast technology, transmission platforms and IP technology
- Familiarity with IP diagnostic tools an advantage
- Familiarity with file delivery workflows
- Languages desirable; Japanese or German.
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
Planning & Organising – Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity.
Communicating with impact – Ability to effectively exchange information, news, ideas and meaning in a business environment.
Creativity and Innovation – Ability to generate and translate an idea into a product or service that creates value for business.
Drive & Energy – Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
Teamwork & Collaboration – Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal.
Flexibility & Adaptability – Ability to adapt to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities.
Learn and Grow – On-going drive for learning and ability to apply new knowledge and skills
Self-awareness – Understanding the impact on others and how to tailor approaches – Emotional Intelligence.
Customer Orientation – Building and maintaining external and internal customer satisfaction with Perform products, services and expertise.
Commercial Awareness –
The ability to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Perform, its products and services, the Digital and Sports Media sectors, our competitors and apply commercial expertise and judgement to this knowledge to deliver better business outcomes.
IF YOU HAVEN’T YET GOT A FEEL FOR THE CULTURE AT PERFORM, THEN READ ON…
Here at Perform we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company.
We are passionate about what we do and really good at it too!!
Here are some of the things you can expect working at Perform; collaboration, innovation, ever changing, empowerment, work hard and personal development.
You’ll receive up to 25 days annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme*, and Childcare Voucher Scheme*.
And there’s more…… You’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding Refer a Friend scheme.
If you fancy a move abroad; Perform are currently seeking the best talent in a number of countries around the world!
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.