JOB PURPOSE (SO WHAT’S
YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?)
You will lead a team of editors across a variety of
sports programming, both long and short form ensuring working practices
and workflows are set and followed day to day.
be responsible for the creation of house styles where
appropriate, and will lead and mentor the edit team to help
produce an exciting range of creative content, in conjunction with
a number of production teams.
KEY DELIVERABLES (WHAT WILL YOU
DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?)
Working closely with production staff, you
will lead edit sports content from around the globe for a
wide range of Perform broadcast products and brands. This will
include promos, magazine shows and preview and review packages.
You will provide strong operational
and creative skill, resulting in the creation of high quality finishing
across a range of content and material.
You will manage the edit
team to provide them with guidance, mentoring and training
and to instil key house styles.
You will work closely with the Post
Production Operations Manager on strategy for the edit team
technically, operationally and managerially.
As well as working with producers or to
brief, you will bring your own creative ideas to each project. You
will help determine the look and style of certain packages
and be able to communicate them effectively to the rest of
You will represent the Production services
team technically, working to improve and update post production
workflows and initiatives to ensure high quality and
technically robust content is delivered by the edit team for syndication all
around the world.
You will represent the edit department on
all key working practice updates, working closely with
relevant support teams to ensure any workflow developments, software/
hardware upgrades are fully tested and approved for operational use.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS (DO YOU
HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW?)
- Avid-based editing software skills and experience using interplay.
- Broadcast experience in both long and short-form editing. (Please include a credits list and show-reel in your application)
- Grading ability using the Avid Symphony colour correction tools and good knowledge of both Boris and Sapphire plugins.
- Understanding of technical workflows and delivery aspects of broadcast and digital media.
- Avid Online QC skills that you can advise on as best practice to other editors in the team.
- Ability to mix audio ensuring that deliverables conform to stipulated standards such as R128 for example.
- Ability to manage the delivery of multi-format programme files.
- All projects will be related to sport, so an interest in this area is vital.
A self-sufficient editor who, whilst
supported by an engineering team, is required to have solid technical
understanding of edit equipment to include some (if not all) of the
following: patching, how to check your monitoring, use of legaliser,
plug-ins, scopes/ software video and/or colour monitoring tools, and PSC
These key skills are essential in a fast-paced broadcast