TVT works with the world’s broadcasters and content owners to create, manage, deliver and discover content. We offer a range of managed services and software as a service (SaaS) including sophisticated compliance and localisation versioning.
Based in West London, TVT’s Technology team is transforming the processes and tools used to receive, manage, edit, comply, reversion and deliver content for many of the world’s leading broadcasters.
We see technological leadership and state of the art automated processes as key differentiators in our market.
We seamlessly integrate customer facing portals with highly scale-able media processing factories, built on the most commercially advantageous mixture of Public Cloud, Private Cloud, and on-premise infrastructure.
As an IT Specialist / Architect your role will be to design, develop and manage implementation of our technology architecture and apply technology to improve processes.
At the same time, you will be ready to be hands on to create proof of concepts, develop and production-ise ideas and support time critical projects for our customers.
- IT systems architecture design and implementation including servers, storage, network and security
- Manage and negotiate with suppliers as well as identify and select new suppliers
- Ensure vendors deliver according to contractual terms
- Assist with business critical escalated issues
- Design and plan of maintenance regimes and contribute to policies and procedures
- Liaising closely with and providing advice to commercial and operational staff and supporting bids for new business
- Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
Scope and Impact:
The role directly impacts our clients and will have access to highly confidential company and client information, this requires the post holder to have high levels of personal integrity and to take a considerable level of personal responsibility for their work.
You will be developing our business-critical systems and tools which will change the way our operations teams work and enable us to continue as a leader in our field.
In many cases application of technology will require significant operational process evolution so your ability to develop relationships with operational leaders, empathise with their challenges, and mange change will be critical.
Working as a senior member of a team you will lead and develop junior staff and be expected to take responsibility for the work of others as well as your own.
Knowledge & skills required:
- At least 5 years previous experience in IT server / storage roles with at least 2 years experience of systems design / architecture
- Designing / specifying / integrating enterprise storage architectures e.g. SAN / NAS
- Designing / specifying / integrating virtualised compute environments, e.g. VMWare ESX
- Design and management of Windows server infrastructure / Active Directory
- Deployment or integration of Public or Private cloud based solutions
- Critical commercial awareness and ability to compare total cost of ownership of alternative solutions
- Supplier management.
- Experience deploying and managing Linux environments
- Exposure to IT platforms handling broadcast video content
- Knowledge & experience of working with video transcoding/QC/processing systems.
Please click the ‘apply’ button to send your CV and a cover letter via grapevinejobs.