Warner Bros. Television Production UK (WBTVPUK) is a leading creator and distributor of television content.
The group produces long-running television brands in drama, factual, documentary, factual entertainment and history.
The group consists of Ricochet, Wall to Wall, Twenty Twenty, Yalli and Renegade.
Based in central London and with offices in Brighton, WBTVPUK is a vibrant environment with well educated, intelligent and ambitious employees.
The values of integrity, diligence, openness and enthusiasm sum up the culture and approach that we embrace.
Whilst employed by WBTVPUK, you will be part of an in house Post Production team that will work across all group companies providing services and support to all our clients.
Background and Role
We are looking for an experienced Edit Assistant who has worked in a similar Post Production facility for at least 3 years.
This role is initially offered on a 12 month fixed term contract.
You will work in a busy Post Production MCR, within the Edit Assistant team by ensuring that all Post Production tasks run smoothly.
You will provide excellent client service at all times, both face to face and in written communication.
You will have a detailed knowledge of Post Production workflows, including tape and file based processes and ideally QC & AS-11.
In addition to this you will provide advice to edit assistants on best practices and workflows.
As with any Media / Television company, at times you will work within a very fast paced environment which requires an individual to remain calm under pressure and prioritise when multiple tasks must be managed simultaneously.
- Ensure all edits are correctly setup and ready before use
- Digitize / ingest file and tape based footage
- Conform and picture check final cuts prior to an online
- Exports cuts for upload
- Creation of AAF files & MXF files
- Wrapping up of finished projects for Pro Tools session
- Ensure safe backup of tape-less material and project data
- Labeling and managing tape and file based material
- Assist with general upgrades and maintenance of equipment
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies and software
- Grouping and syncing rushes
- Tracklay audio conforms
- Assist in DVD and digital cut play outs.
This role will be based primarily in the London office but you may be asked by Management to work in other areas of WBTVPUK, including Brighton to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Company.
You may be required to work occasional weekends, additional hours and in other WBTVPUK offices if necessary.