A+E Networks, LLC. is an award-winning
global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications
environment ranging from television networks to websites, to home videos/DVDs
to gaming and educational software.
A+E Networks is comprised of A&E®
Network, Lifetime®, HISTORY®, LMN®, BIO.™, H2™, HISTORY en Español™, Crime
& Investigation Network™, Military HISTORY™, Lifetime Real Women®, A&E
IndieFilms®, A+E Networks International®, A+E Networks Digital® and A+E
Networks Consumer Products™.
A+E Networks channels and branded programming
reach more than 300 million households in over 150 countries. A+E Networks,
LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A+E Networks International™ markets the quality programming and proven success of HISTORY®,
A&E® Network, Lifetime®, BIO.®, Crime & Investigation Network®, and H2™
in all international markets outside of the United States.
joint-venture partnerships and licensing agreements, the International division
has expanded the presence of A+E Networks’ channels and branded blocks around
The International division also handles content sales, format sales
and broadband and mobile licensing of content from the A&E, HISTORY and
Lifetime catalogues to international broadcasters.
The International division
oversees 57 channels around the world, reaching more than 300 million
households in over 150 countries in 37 languages. A+E Networks International
has offices in New York, London and Singapore.
A+E Networks is a progressive, friendly and fun place to work. We’re looking for
professionals who are motivated and excited by challenge and driven to deliver
results. We employ energetic, inspiring individuals who love to innovate and
are passionate about the industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You'll provide daily administrative and sales support to the Director of
Sales, EMEA of A+E Networks International division, based in central London.
This role carries junior sales deal responsibilities working on designated
territories with a dotted reporting line to the VP Intn'l Content Sales.
The successful candidate will:
- Have responsibility for Director of Sales, EMEA day-to-day administrative support including diary management for business trips and trade shows, processing travel and entertainment expenses and research and booking of sales-related entertainment. Anticipation of needs is key.
- Work closely with the sales availability coordinator to provide accurate programme availability reports from the Rights Management System so we understand what we have available to sell.
- Carry out rights checks, cross checking and researching sales histories and tracking sales interest against internal affiliate/A+E channel deals.
- Manage client access to the A+E Online Sales site.
- Collate data, ratings, pertinent news articles and analysis of acquisition trends per territory and/or show alone or in tandem with the research departments in NY and London.
- Create marketing presentations for internal management or external sales purposes. Must have a firm grasp of Powerpoint. An eye for aesthetics is key.
- Analyze sales data, market performances etc. for different EMEA markets
- Coordinate with other corporate departments (digital marketing and sales, general marketing, fulfillment of programming broadcast materials, finance) and channels (wholly-owned and joint ventures.)
- Draft deal memos under the supervision of the Director of Sales, EMEA and the local and NY legal departments.
- Coordinate the contracting process, including drafting internal paperwork for deal processing as required
- Monitor Life of series and options to renew in existing contracts
- Update client meetings notes and overall client information and strategy within the in-house database on a continuous timely basis.
- Travel to local and overseas sales markets and sales trips if requested.
- Provide support on ad-hoc projects as required
- Liaise with the Technical Department son behalf of the Sales Director as required for broadcast and marketing assets
- Assist accounts receivable with payment queries.
You will have/be:
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 12 months' demonstrable TV administrative experience, general sales or entrepreneurial experience or business development/analytical experience.
- Passion for television and an ambition in working within a rapidly changing, international sales environment
- Experienced PowerPoint and Excel user, capable of creating corporate presentations and analyzing extensive data reports to help with territory’s planning and strategy.
- Ability to multitask and work within a larger team
- Professional, calm and positive manner
- Good research and analytical skills with ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills, particularly written and verbal
- Enthusiasm and capacity to focus on administrative tasks and excellent attention to detail.
- European language, in particular Italian and/or Spanish, will be an advantage but is not a requirement.
- Quick learner and team player, committed and enthusiastic, confident and not afraid of challenges.