Digital Garage Specialise is the design, supply, installation and support of equipment, systems and solutions to the television, broadcast, post-production and professional audio industries.
We are a value added reseller and systems integrator with an enviable client portfolio including major broadcasters, production houses, post production facilities, studios and academic institutions.
Due to continued growth and expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join our busy engineering and technical support team.
About the Role
The primary role of this position is to provide technical support services to existing and new clients, along with technical, workflow and presales support to the sales team at Digital Garage.
Description of Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Interpret, diagnose and resolve technical incidents within agreed service level timeframes
- Provide telephone, email, remote and onsite support
- Accurately communicate via cloud based ticketing system
- Build, software install, configure, test and commission of systems and solutions
- Perform installation and maintenance of production / post-production / shared storage / asset management / archive systems and solutions
- Minimise disruption to clients work activities by taking personal responsibility and accountability for work undertaken, resolving incidents and carrying out service requests in a timely manner, as well as ensuring planned work is communicated and approved in advance
- Provide technical advice and support to clients and colleagues by continually updating his/her understanding of industry practice, solutions, technology and workflows
- Keeps knowledge and skills up to date by identifying training and work opportunities that will further self development
- Work along side the sales, admin and project teams
- Respond to requests for information from colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers in the successful resolution of technical problems
- Assist with the specification and design of systems and workflows
- Other duties as assigned.
Background & Essential Skills Required:
- Minimum 3-years experience in providing technical support in a broadcast, post production or reseller environment.
- High degree of knowledge and experience of video post production equipment, shared storage systems, networking, file based video
- Extensive experience of Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, OSX, Windows and Linux system administration, Production / Media Asset Management systems
- Excellent general IT skills
- Must have the ability to make sound customer related decisions and respond quickly to customer needs
- Ability to maintain a business perspective in the establishment of project and sales priorities
- Must have excellent organisational skills being able to handle multiple tasks.
- Avid Certified Support Representative (ACSR), qualified for Media Composer, ISIS, Interplay, Pro Tools
- Knowledge and experience of the installation of audio dubbing systems, including Pro Tools and associated control surfaces / mixing consoles
- Previous professional experience working as an editor, grader or dubbing mixer
- Experienced with solutions from vendors including, Editshare, Storage DNA, SGL, Broadcast Pix, Marquis Broadcast, Object Matrix, Vidcheck, Xendata, Cisco, Dell, HP, Apple
- Knowledge and experience of networking in complex post production environments
- Relevant Media Technology based qualifications
- Knowledge and experience of supporting base-band video equipment and systems
- Knowledge and experience of IP based video and audio systems and protocols.
- Highly Motivated and customer focused
- Will act as customer "champion"
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Positive attitude with strong innovative problem solving skills
- Polite telephone manner
- Confident, thorough and organised
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative
- Persistence and thoroughness to complete work and provide ongoing aftercare.
Please click the ‘apply’ button to send your CV and a cover letter via grapevinejobs.