Founded in 1907 in the early days of cinema, Eclair
is a historic, innovative and respected company in the motion picture and
You will be responsible for encoding a variety of DCP content for
Eclair’s UK lab in based London’s Soho.
You will be responsible for offering the highest standard of service to
our customers and creating fully DCI compliant DCP’s in an efficient and
This role is for someone who is interested in the whole life-cycle of
content creation and QC, through to delivery, who can demonstrate the skills to
help run the UK lab in all its aspects.
Our clients depend on Eclair mastering staff to guarantee technical
Your team will rely on you to stay across all aspects of the lab and
steer the ship in the Mastering Manager’s absence.
The role assists in managing our mastering clients, conducts QC,
screening room operation and lab administration in support of the mastering
manager in this fast-paced efficient team.
This is not a creative role despite the content we are trusted to work
on. We are in search of a personable and good humoured hard worker with proven
problem solving skills and with an interest in Eclair’s wider business
operations. The candidate will be well placed to help us shape and fine-tune
Creates DCP files
according to industry standards, following Eclair guidelines:
- Secures ongoing relationship with mastering and delivery customers
- Experience of DVS Clipster for mastering / encoding – Highly Desirable but not essential depending on background.
advertising DCP production as required, under line Manager direction:
- Works with customer contacts, establishing priorities and ensuring regular reporting
- Works with UK Lab Manager to schedule all jobs
- Works with Eclair development team to specify, get approval for and implement any software requirements
Quality checks all
created content such as Feature or short form DCP’s, which involves Pre-QC
and/or running client-attend QC sessions in our DCI compliant Dolby Atmos
- Provides UK facility QC (Quality control) and other AV services as required
- Responsible for creating, improving and maintaining industry standard QC reports
delivers multiple encode formats as required utilising DVS Clipster and a range
of industry tools
manages Screening Room projection as required
relations as and when required:
- Manages customer accounts as required in coordination with line Manager
- Works with Mastering and Sales Managers to define customers’ servicing approach
- Works in coordination with Account Managers and supporting each other.
Responsible for lab
administration, record keeping, asset tracking and maintaining an organised
work environment. Maintains and reliably uses our job-sheet system and provides
day to day lab and content administration.
Group technology development bringing information and ideas
- Follows industry
technical developments closely.
maintains diligent and extensive notes for our Wiki, applying a thorough and
methodical approach to all tasks such as content creation, record keeping,
versioning, lab growth and technical troubleshooting.
Key Experience (Desirable / Advantageous):
- DVS Clipster DCP
- DCP QC
- QC experience of
different encodes / codecs
- Digital Projection
/ Theatre operation
- Linux knowledge
(basic), comfortable with Mac, PC and Office suite
- Familiar with FTP
and electronic delivery platforms
- Project Management
or Office management or similar
- Technical testing
- Knowledge of DCP,
SMPTE, media codecs and workflow
- Customer service
experience - Client Liaison and client technical support
- Data operations and
management (Data IO).
graduate or equivalent experience. We are after candidates with the right
attitude and raw skill-sets.
Person profile (Essential):
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, combined with a thorough and methodical approach are absolutely essential
- You will be a skilled communicator with a friendly attitude and able to be clear and concise when needed
- Common sense and problem solver
- Independent worker but also a team player
- Excellent ability to prioritise, work intelligently
You must be diligent, thorough, and be able to act independently and as a team player
You will be impeccably reliable and possess high attention to detail.
Please click the ‘apply’ button to send your CV and a cover letter via grapevinejobs.