Who we are:
Discovery Networks International is the world's #1 nonfiction media company
reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in 210 countries and
Discovery is dedicated to satisfying curiosity through 130-plus
worldwide television networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet and
Eurosport, the leading panregional
sports entertainment destination across Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Discovery is also a
leading provider of educational products and services to schools and owns and
operates a diversified portfolio of digital media services.
The Talent Team:
Discovery’s Global Talent Management team recruits
the best talent on the planet. It takes a cast of incredibly talented,
passionate, creative individuals to make amazing television programming and our
team sets out to find them. Oh, and we will find you!
position will have total responsibility for co-ordinating the compliance edits
and languaging for a selection of channels from Discovery’s portfolio.
Ensuring the content is ready for
transmission and the schedules are 100% languaged for the relevant channel in
time for the programme transmission dates.
This will involve ensuring our database PALM and the scheduling system
IBMS is up to date with edit, languaging and delivery information.
requires daily liaison with the Reversioning Team, language vendors and the
transmission facility and internal Discovery Departments to co-ordinate the
materials to and from the language vendor, troubleshoot any issues with
reference materials for suppliers and also solve any issues with languages that
have delivered back.
- Working with PALM and IBMS daily, and
maintaining relevant systems
- Keeping computerised records accurate
and up to date
Booking internal edits through ScheduAll system, and obtaining sign-off
from Programming contacts
- Liaising with the Reversioning,
Compliance and Post Teams
- Ordering the required languages for your
channel, issuing sub-dubs, sending scripts and material to suppliers
- Effectively managing and coordinating
the trafficking of materials to and from the translation facilities across
Europe ensuring they are delivered in time for transmission
- Effectively hitting all deadlines for
delivery, dispatch and return of materials
- Highlighting any legacy issues in
advance and managing the transfer of the Discovery catalogue onto these
- Troubleshooting any late running
programmes and files, daily dealings with language suppliers requests for
replacement reference materials and managing replacements for faulty
- Updating IBMS with language information
and updating relevant systems and documents with any cancellations
- Tracking and checking invoices against
- High level of communication internally
and externally regarding programme languaging deadlines
- Ad hoc duties include sick and holiday
cover for team members and assisting where necessary.
- Some experience of the broadcast
- Computer literate, intermediate excel
skills, word, previous use of broadcasting systems IBMS and ScheduAll
- Excellent organisational/administrative
- Attention to detail essential
- The ability to prioritise and
effectively manage a large number of different projects simultaneously and
prioritising as necessary
- Excellent people and interpersonal
skills, good team player
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to
- Initiative, proactivity and motivation
- Ability to communicate effectively in an
- Provide customer service to internal
- European language skills would be an
Please click the ‘apply’ button to send your CV and a cover letter via grapevinejobs.